LIBRARY BOARD OF TRUSTEES
Meeting Agenda - February 12, 2014
"The Paso Robles City Library is the place to discover, to learn, and to grow, empowering our community to achieve its vision for the future."
2014 Library Board Goals and Objectives
- Advocate for continued and increased
community support for the programs and services offered by the library
- Promote library programs in press releases.
- Advocate for the Library's place in, and
contribution to, the City of Paso Robles.
- A trustee will attend at least one City Council meeting per month, making presentations when appropriate.
- All trustees will work with the City and other bodies to actively recruit volunteers.
- Each trustee will speak to at least one service club or other community group to promote the contributions of the library to the City of Paso Robles.
- Promote and support fundraising groups, the Library Foundation, and the Friends of the Library.
- Meet with Friends of the Library and Library Foundation annually to encourage communication among all Boards.
- One Board member will attend each meeting of the Friends of the Library and the Library Foundation.
- Attend at least one conference or workshop dealing with library advocacy.
- Update and implement policies established by the Library Board
- Continue review of Library Board policies and ensure their accessibility and customer friendly language.
- Address Library Services
- Nurture customer service excellence among staff and volunteers.
- Encourage staff appreciation.
- Identify underserved groups.
- Address Library Cleanliness, Landscaping, and Maintenance.
2nd Thursday of each month at 9:00 a.m.
1000 Spring Street
Members and Terms:
|Date of Appointment||Term Expires|
Contact Board By Email:
Term of Office:
3-year staggered, 5 members