SUPPLEMENTAL TAX OVERSIGHT COMMITTEE
In 2012, Citizens authorized a 1/2 cent sales tax increase and requested it be used for road maintenance. To ensure public trust, the City Council created an Oversight Committee to verify funds were used as requested.
Press Release (August 18, 2015)
The City of Paso Robles is pleased to announce that it will begin another set of streets to be repaired using supplemental sales tax. The project is also being funded with a $25,600 "Rubberized Asphalt Grant". The following streets to be repaired are:
- Walnut—Creston to Union Road
- Shannon Hill—Creston to Walnut
- Jackson—Shannon Hill to Union
Press Release (June 18, 2015)
...a contract has been awarded for street maintenance work using Supplemental Sales Tax revenue.
At their July 2, 2013 regular meeting, City Council voted to proceed with the recommended Repair Plan for maintenance/rehabilitation over the next four years.
- City Council selected a group of priority roads for repair preferring restoration of the most traveled roads. Resolution 13-031 & List of Streets for Maintenance.
- City Council authorized engineering work to determine the exact condition of roads on the adopted plan, to provide more precise estimates and to help determine priorities. See March 5, 2013 Staff Report (highlighted items were approved by council).
|Total to Date:||$7,745,140||$2,027,000||$4,170,724||$5,601,416|
Regular meetings held semi-annually.
Current Meeting Agenda: October 7, 2015
1000 Spring Street, Paso Robles
Wednesday, January 6, 2016
6:30 PM in the Library/City Hall Conference Room
Minutes are not official or a permanent part of the records until approved by the committee at a future regular meeting.
The "Oversight" Committee was formed to aid, and by, the City Council. As such, it is a public body subject to California’s public meeting laws. That means all meetings of the Committee are public, complete with published agendas, staff reports, public participation, etc. These and other provisions are outlined in the Committee Bylaws.
Appointed March 21, 2013
|Jeff Bower||Chamber of Commerce||2016|
|Main Street Association||2016|
|Bill Pluma||Senior Advisory Committee||2016|
|Victor Popp||Travel Paso Robles Alliance||2015|
Ditas Esperanza, Capital Projects Engineer
Dick McKinley, Public Works Director
Jim Throop, Administrative Services Director