The City of El Paso de Robles holds its general municipal election on the first Tuesday after the first Monday in November in even-numbered years, the same day as the statewide general election.
2016 General Election
A Consolidated General Election will be held in the City of El Paso de Robles on Tuesday, November 8, 2016, for the following Officers:
- Two Members of the City Council - Full-term of four years
- Elected City Clerk - Full-term of four years
- Elected City Treasurer - Full-term of four years
2016 Municipal Election Candidates
Kevin O'Neill (write-in)
Write-In Candidate Qualification Information
Qualifying as a Write-In Candidate
Every person who desires to be a write-in candidate and have his or her name as written on the ballot of an election counted for a particular office shall file:
- A statement of write-in candidacy that contains the following information:
- Candidate’s name
- Residence address
- A declaration stating that he or she is a write-in candidate
- The title of the office for which he or she is running
- The date of the election
- The requisite number of signatures on the nomination papers.
- Nomination papers filing fee of $50.00 (per City Council Resolution 16-074).
Deadlines to Qualify
The filing timeframe for a write-in candidate is as follows:
- September 12, 2016 - First day write-in candidates may obtain and file statement of write-in candidacy and nomination papers at the Office of City Clerk.
- October 25, 2016 - Deadline for qualification as a write-in candidate. Nomination papers are due at the City Clerk’s office.
Make an Appointment
Please call the City Clerk’s Office at 805-237-3888 to arrange an appointment to either obtain or file write-in candidacy nomination papers. An appointment will allow us to better serve you.
Campaign Disclosure Manual
The campaign disclosure manuals are user-friendly handbooks prepared to assist candidates, committees, treasurers and others in understanding The Polical Reform Act's numerous and often detailed rules. The manuals contain examples of common fact patterns, answers to frequently asked questions, and "Quick Tips" to highlight important information.
To find information for Local Candidates, Their Controlled Committees, and Primarily Formed Committees for Local Candidates, download Campaign Disclosure Manual 2.
2016 Presidential Primary Election
Election Results (June 7, 2016)
Who Are My Elected Officials?
You may also get addresses and phone numbers for any of your representatives so you can contact them. It is your right to let your elected representatives know how you feel about the issues that are important to you.
Voter Information Guides
Download the VOTER INFORMATION GUIDE(S)
SLO County Election Office Locations
San Luis Obispo County
San Luis Obispo
North County Office:
Smart Voter provides voters with comprehensive non-partisan information about the contests on their ballots in an easy-to-use presentation, and provide a means for candidates to publish information about themselves and their candidacy directly to voters.