Federal American Disabilities Act (ADA) Information
The City of Paso Robles hosted two workshops related to Disabled Access to Businesses. Some of the topics covered were: General requirements of accessibility to all buildings and facilities, State and Federal statutes related to accessibility and compliance, Responsibilities of Design Professionals, Developers, and Private Individuals, Existing construction applications and Requirements associated with additions and alterations.
Below are links to valuable information and assistance for Small Businesses and the public on the American Disabilities Act.
From the Department of Justice:
- Free CD regarding compliance
- Mediation Brochure
- Technical Assistance Update
- List of Agencies and organizations that provide information and technical assistance to the public about the ADA
Complaint or Lawsuit Filed Against you? Here are some steps you can take
- File a Complaint with the State Bar (if you feel you have been unjustly served)
- Write to your Congressional Representative (find out who they are)
- Write a letter to you State Legislators (find out who they are)