On January 1, 2011, the following codes, as mandated by the State of California, went into effect for construction within the City of Paso Robles.
- 2010 Edition of the California Code of Regulations, Title 24.
- 2010 California Building Code based on the 2006 International Building Code
- 2010 California Electrical Code based on the 2008 National Electrical Code
- 2010 California Plumbing Code based on the 2009 Uniform Plumbing Code
- 2010 California Mechanical Code based on the 2009 Uniform Mechanical Code
- 2010 California Fire Code based on the 2009 International Fire Code
- 2010 California Energy Code based on the 2009 California Energy Standards
As provided by the State Building Standards Act (Health and Safety Code Section 17958.7) local agencies may amend the Model Codes based on conditions specific to the jurisdiction. The City Council has determined that conditions exist within the boundaries for the City of Paso Robles making it necessary to amend the Model Codes.