LOT LINE ADJUSTMENT
A Lot Line Adjustment is an Application that is subject to review and approval of City technical staff (review process). It is an Application seeking to adjust an existing lot line between four or fewer existing adjoining parcels:
- Where the land taken from one parcel is added to an adjoining parcel; and
- Where a greater number of parcels than the original number is not created.
The Application for a Lot Line Adjustment is to include:
- A completed Development Application Form (download below)
- A Title Report
- A Chain of Title (if necessary)
- Exhibits showing the existing Lot Lines and the proposed Lot
Lines. These Exhibits are to be prepared by:
- A. A person authorized to practice land surveying pursuant to the
Professional Land Surveyors Act (Chapter 15 [commencing with
Section 8700] of the Business and Professions Code); OR
B. A person registered as a civil engineer prior to January 1, 1982, pursuant to the Professional Engineers Act (Chapter 7 [commencing with Section 6700] of Division 3 of the Business and Professions Code).
Supplemental information, graphics, and historical documents as may be deemed to be required in order to establish that the existing Lot Lines shown were indeed created legally. The Findings for Approval of a Lot Line Adjustment are available in a PDF format below.
Findings for Approval pdf:11k/1pp]