Are You Prepared?
Use the worksheets linked below to organize emergency contact and service provider information, household names, and reunion locations.
- Fill out PrepGuide (link below) and keep it visible.
- Choose out-of-town contact that household will reach to check on each other. Contact person should have everyone's numbers and live far enough away that they would be unlikely to be affected by the same event.
- Make sure household members have this contact number plus numbers for each other (include home, work, pager, cell, e-mail).
- Identify 2 neighbors and agree to watch out for each other.
- During disaster, phone may not work. Be patient and retry. Try e-mail.
Families, Children, and Special Needs
- All family members should discuss what actions will be taken following an earthquake or other disaster, regardless of where they may be when the disaster occurs.
- Prepare your child(ren) and their schools/care facilities with Child Safety Tips.
- Create a Special Needs and Disabilities checklist.
Informational downloads for businesses brought to you by www.ready.gov:
More Useful Links
Local Emergency Information:
San Luis Obispo County Office of Emergency Services: www.slocounty.ca.gov/Departments/Office-of-Emergency-Services.aspx
San Luis Obispo County Sheriff