PASO ROBLES CITY LIBRARY
The Paso Robles City Library is pleased to provide free public
wireless Internet access. Use of this service implies an
agreement to follow the Library’s
Internet Use Guidelines (Poliza
Para el Internet ):
WIRELESS INTERNET ACCESS GUIDELINES
- The safe and secure use of the Internet is a top priority in our library. Please keep in mind that, as with most public wireless "hot spots," the library’s wireless connection is not secure. Any information being sent or received could potentially be intercepted by another wireless user. For your own protection, please avoid transmitting your credit card information, passwords and any other sensitive personal information when accessing the Internet via a wireless connection. The library and the City of Paso Robles cannot assume responsibility for any loss of information, injury or damages that may arise from the use of this wireless connection, and we will do our best to advise you in the safe and secure use of this service.
- Library staff will provide as much technical support as possible as you access the Internet via our wireless connection. Care will be taken not to touch or alter your equipment in any way. You are also welcome to consult our list of FAQ at the end of this document and available in print at public desks in the library.
- If it is necessary to print a document, please save your work to a portable storage device and ask library staff for assistance in accessing a printer. Users may also email a file to themselves and then log on to a wired library workstation to access and print documents. These additional measures are necessary because wireless devices are not attached to library printers.
- Up-to-date virus protection, security updates, and a personal firewall are highly recommended for your personal laptop computer and/or other wireless devices. Please see library staff at the reference desk for contact information to learn more about antivirus software.
- Your owner’s manual is an excellent resource for information regarding the settings necessary to access the Internet via a wireless connection. Feel free to bring this manual with you to the library for general assistance. Our FAQ also contains general information regarding these settings.
- Paso Robles City Library Internet Use Guidelines: Please ask for a copy at any service desk in the library or download your copy here. Please remember that all users are expected to use the Internet in a legal and responsible manner, consistent with the educational and informational purposes for which it is provided in the library.
- Parents are highly encouraged to monitor their minor child’s access to the library’s wireless network. Library staff recognizes that any restriction or monitoring of a child’s access to the Internet is a matter for a parent or legal guardian.
Adopted by the Paso Robles Library Board of Trustees
April 9, 2015
More information can be found in the Wireless Internet FAQs.
The Paso Robles City Library is the place to discover, to
learn, and to grow, empowering our community to achieve its
vision for the future.
– Paso Robles City Library Mission Statement