TEEN VOLUNTEER PROGRAM
Volunteering helps teens develop a sense of social responsibility; build social connectedness; improve communication and critical-thinking skills; and helps them find their passion and interests.
The Library offers three programs for area teens that promote personal growth and support workforce development.
The Ongoing Program is available to area teens, grade 9-12, and offered during the school year:
- 2018 Fall Semester: August 27, 2018 - December 14, 2018
- 2019 Spring Semester: January 14 - May 31, 2019
Shifts are 2-3 hours, one day per week, with a minimum 20 hours commitment. The onboarding process is similar to the Adult Program.
- Complete the Teen Volunteer Application
- Attach 2 Letters of Recommendation from Instructors
- Interview with Volunteer Coordinator
- Background Check
- Orientation and Training
The Library offers two short-term opportunities for area teens:
The Express Program is offered to area teens, grade 9-12, one week during the schools’ Winter and Spring breaks:
- 2018 Winter Break: December 31, 2018 - January 5, 2019
- 2019 Spring Break: April 23 - April 27, 2019
Students can work up to 3 hours a day for a maximum of 15 hours over a 5-day period. The onboarding process requires only the submission of a completed Teen Volunteer Application.
Teens, grade 9-12, can assist with the Library’s Summer Reading Program during June-August. Download the Summer Program Application.
For more information contact: