Skip To ContentAbout the CityCity ServicesCity GovernmentVisit PasoBusiness DevelopmentVolunteer
City of Paso Robles
DepartmentsCity CouncilAdvisory BodiesPlanning Commission
Police Department
900 Park Street
Paso Robles, CA 93446
Phone Numbers


(805) 237-6464
Records Division:
(805) 227-7500
(805) 238-5592 Fax
Code Enforcement:
(805) 227-7540
Police Department


Parking Citations

The California Vehicle Code sets forth uniform procedures for contesting parking citations. These procedures include several time periods that must be carefully adhered to. Learn more about contesting a parking citation.

Online Report Filing

If you have an emergency, dial 9-1-1. If you need to file a non-emergency report such as a crime tip, identity theft, house check request, or harassing phone call, check out our Online Reporting System (Espanol).

Impound Information

If you vehicle has been impounded and you need to remove personal items from your car, you must obtain a property release form from the Records Department (805-227-7500). Property release forms are only issued to the REGISTERED OWNER of the vehicle. You must also have a valid government identification to obtain a property release form.
To obtain a release for a vehicle after a 30-day impound, the registered owner must present the flowing:

  • Valid Identification
  • Current registration for the vehicle (unless it was in the vehicle)
  • Proof of current insurance on the vehicle
  • Any unpaid parking citations already paid in full

If you are the vehicle’s registered owner or legal owner and would like to schedule a storage hearing, please contact the Paso Robles Records Department at 805-227-7500.

Crime Prevention

The Paso Robles Police Department is committed to promoting active community and police partnerships to ensure a safer community. See our Community Programs page for more information on how you can participate.

Traffic Problems

Is there a hazardous or dangerous driving condition you’d like us to be aware of? Examples include frequent speeding on your street, drivers running stop signs, and illegal parking. Submit a complaint to be reviewed and investigated.

Victim Services

Have you been the victim of a crime? A victim is any person who has suffered direct or threatened physical, psychological, or financial harm as a rest of the commission or attempted commission of a crime or delinquent act. The California Constitution has given you a bill of rights called Marsy’s Rights. Read more about your rights at

Helpful Forms

  • Don’t risk a ticket, complete an RV Parking Application to temporarily park a vehicle in front of your residence or place of business.
  • See our police incident logs. The daily log is also available for viewing at the Paso Robles Police Department. Copies of our logs can be provided for a $5 fee.
  • Persons who are convicted of certain sex offenses are prohibited from certain areas of the City. Please see Database Disclosure form regarding Paso Robles Municipal Code Chapter 9.46. See Restriction Map for protected locations and restricted residency areas pursuant to Municipal Code Section 9.46.030.
  • Operating an alarm system without a permit is a misdemeanor. Please complete our Alarm System Permit Application form and submit to the Paso Robles Police Department. Also note that there is a fee associated with submission of the form. The fee is listed on the form.

Frequently Asked Questions

Visit our Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) page for answers such as receiving a case number, obtaining warrant information, and filing a complaint form.



You are here:   Home  »  Government  »   Departments  »  Police  »  Services