SPECIAL RESPONSE TEAM (SRT)
Recognizing that the presence of a highly trained, highly skilled police tactical unit has been shown to substantially reduce the risk of injury or loss of life to citizens, police officers and suspects; and recognizing that a well managed team response to critical incidents usually results in successful resolution of critical incidents, it is the intent of the Paso Robles Police SRT to provide a highly trained and skilled tactical team as a resource for the Paso Robles Police Department in the handling of critical incidents.
The Paso Robles Police SRT is trained to respond to a variety of different critical incidents. Some of them are listed below:
- Hostage Situations: The holding of any person against their will by an armed or potentially armed suspect.
- Barricade Situations: The stand-off created by an armed or potentially armed suspect in any location, whether fortified or not, who is refusing to comply with police demands for surrender
- Sniper situations: The firing upon citizens and/or police by an armed suspect, whether stationary or mobile.
- High Risk Apprehension: The arrest or apprehension of armed or potentially armed suspects where the likelihood of armed resistance is high.
- Risk Warrant Service: The service of search or arrest warrants where the warrant service matrix or policy recommends or requires the use of the SRT.
- Personal protection: The security of special persons, such as VIP's, witnesses, or suspects, based on the threat or potential threat to the well being of those persons
- Special Assignments: Any assignment or situation based upon a high level of threat where there is a need for personnel trained in special tactics and operations
The Paso Police SRT trains on a regular basis so as to be prepared for any of the above incidents. SRT consists of many different units including the Tactical Commander, Team Leaders, Tactical Team, Hostage Negotiation Team and a Communications Team.
To reach the SRT Commander, call Lt. Solomon at 237-6464.