This is intended to be an approximate outline of the process for securing a lease of property at the Paso Robles Airport. Special conditions or requests may require deviation from this process. Any amendment or assignment of an existing lease will follow a similar process of approval.
- Interested party sends a letter to the Director of Public Works, stating
interest, the parcel of interest, and the intended purpose.
- Upon receipt of the letter of interest, the Director will send a response letter
regarding the current status of the parcel; leased, in the negotiation stages or
available. If the parcel is available, a packet of information will be sent
including a sample lease and other data specific to the parcel(s) of interest. The
date of this letter will commence a 45-day time period guaranteeing non-negotiation
with subsequent interested parties. Lease proposals are handled on a first
come-first served basis. Therefore, if there is prior proposal submitted to the
City, applicants are advised accordingly, and notified that they will be put on the
list, and, if the prior applicant is unsuccessful, the City will notify the
next-in-line applicant of their opportunity to submit a proposal for the site and
negotiate an appropriate lease.
- If the information sent by the Director confirms interest in the Parcel, a
response and draft business plan are expected within the 45 days. This will secure
the position of first in line until such time as either the lease is executed or it
is determined that there is no longer a potential lease on the table.
- If there are numerous negotiable terms, a preliminary meeting is arranged to
discuss lease terms.
- Once the City and the applicant agree upon the terms, the final lease and
memorandum are prepared for review and requested approval by the full City Council.
- Following approval, three originals of the Lease Agreement, one Memorandum of
Lease and the Resolution are executed and sealed. The Memorandum of Lease is
recorded and filed with the County Clerk Recorder.
- The Lease may be recorded by the Lessee at their option. Recordation of the Memorandum of Lease will be done by the City and satisfies legal requirements for the City of Paso Robles.
Note: Rent will be paid to the City each month. The County charges Possessory Interest Tax.