Did you know that used motor oil never wears out? It can be recycled, cleaned, and used again. Recycling used motor oil conserves a natural resource (oil) and is good for the environment too! Motor oil poured onto the ground or into storm drains, or tossed into trash canseven in a sealed containercan contaminate and pollute the soil, groundwater, streams, and rivers. Recycling your used motor oil reduces this pollution threat. When you take your used oil to a certified center for recycling, you are protecting the environment, conserving a valuable resource, and getting paid for it. Thats a winning combination!
Curbside Oil Recycling
The City of Paso Robles receives two grants from the California Integrated Waste Management Board in continuing cycles to aid in the recycling of oil. Through these grants, curbside oil recycling is provided by Paso Robles Waste Disposal.
The curbside oil recycling is easy, convenient and free! If you change your own oil and would like to participate, follow these six steps:
- Call Paso Robles Waste Disposal office at 238-2381 to receive a sign up card. Return the sign up card to receive a 15-quart capacity oil container and an oil filter bag.
- When changing your vehicles oil, drain used motor oil into the oil container.
- Put your used oil filter in the plastic bag provided.
- Call the Paso Robles Waste Disposal office at 238-2381 to schedule a pick up of your used motor oil.
- Paso Robles Waste Disposal will pickup your oil container and filter bag and replace them with an empty oil container and filter bag for use during your next oil change.
- Containers will be recycled, so dont worry if you get one with a little oil inside.
Its that easy! For more information, please call Paso Robles Waste Disposal at 238-2381.
You can also take your used oil to the following locations in the City of Paso Robles:
Kragen Auto Parts #0297
2044 Spring Street
Paso Robles, CA 93446
Kragen Auto Parts #1385
150 Niblick Road
Paso Robles, CA 93448
Visit the IWMA website for more information on used oil.
The City of Paso Robles fleet facility currently uses between 7501000 gallons of recycled oil per year. The oil is purchased through a local vendor. The rerefined oil closes the loop on the process and can continue to be rerefined, helping us become less dependent on new sources of oil. The purchase of recycled oil helps the city meet its requirements of mandated recycling and green procurement.
Visit the California Integrated Waste Management Board website for more information on rerefined oil.