Skip To ContentAbout the CityCity ServicesCity GovernmentVisit PasoBusiness DevelopmentVolunteer
City of Paso Robles
DepartmentsCity CouncilAdvisory BodiesPlanning Commission

Water Production & Distribution Division
1230 Paso Robles Street
Paso Robles, CA 93446
(805) 237-3866
(805) 237-6596 FAX
Water Billing:
(805) 237-3996
Mon-Fri 7am to 3:30pm



What is the hardness of my water?
Hardness ranges in grains per gallon (gpg) from 7.6 to 32.7, with an average of 17.2. Hardness is a term used to describe a characteristic of water. Hardness is mainly a result of the salts of calcium and magnesium naturally occurring in water. Our lab reports hardness as CaCO3 (Calcium Carbonate) in parts per million (ppm). However, we provide the conversion from ppm to grains per gallon (grains of hardness per gallon) because that is the unit of measurement the water softeners use. For more information on water quality, click here to download/view the City’s most recent Water Quality Report.

What is my water pressure?
Currently, there are 7 different pressure zones in the City. For specific pressure information, contact the water division using the online Request Form.

How do I turn my water off?
Visit our meter information page with graphics and instructions on how to turn your water off.

How can I change my billing info?
Administrative Services handles all of the billing information. Visit them online or call them at 237-3996.

I think I may have a leak. How do I tell?
Visit our meter information page with graphics and instructions on how to check if you have a leak.

To whom do I report a leak at my meter?
During regular business hours you can report a meter leak to the Water Operations Yard at 237-3866 or Public Works Administration at 237-3861. After hours and weekends, report to the Police Department at 237-6464. Regular business hours for the Water Operations is Monday through Friday, 7:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. and for Public Works Administration, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.

What is a Booster Station?
Homes built on hills often need booster stations to get water from the system to their homes. Booster station pumps water to higher elevations in order to provide adequate water for domestic use and fire flow. City booster stations have generators or diesel powered pumps to ensure continuous pumping of water, even in the event of a power outage.

You are here:   Home    Government     Departments    Public Works    Water    FAQ's