DEVELOPMENT REVIEW COMMITTEE
April 27, 2015: Meeting Cancelled
View Archived Agendas
The City's Development Review Committee (DRC) has the authority to make decisions on all applications for development review, including:
- Minor development review projects
- Individual single-family residences
- Minor room additions
- Accessory buildings, and exterior alterations of multi-family residential projects when not visible from public streets or public vantage points
- Minor additions, accessory buildings and exterior alterations of commercial, industrial, and institutional development projects when not visible from public streets or public vantage points
- Installation of such items as automatic teller machines, replacement of gasoline pumps, trash bin enclosures, and electrical transformers
- Outdoor seating areas for restaurants
- Fences, walls, screening for outdoor storage and display areas
- Parking lots
- Final, detailed plans for development projects
The DRC is comprised of three (3) members of the Planning Commission (see member roster). The DRC is responsible for approving, conditionally approving, or denying the above-listed projects. The DRC also reviews and comments on all major development projects before such projects are scheduled for review and consideration by the Planning Commission and/or City Council for final action.
The focus of the DRCs review is to determine conformance of proposed projects with the Citys: General Plan, Economic Development Strategy, Zoning Ordinance, Design Guidelines, and other applicable City policies, resolutions, and standards, as well as compliance with the provisions of the California Environmental Quality Act.
The DRC meeting is open to the public. Agendas are posted on the Notice Board located on the south side of the Library Building next to the pay phones. To get on a DRC Agenda, an applicant would need to fill out a Development Application. See the Minor Development Application Guide for guidelines on what needs to be submitted.
Doug Barth (alternate)
Staff Member: Darren Nash, Associate Planner,
Meeting Date: Every Monday afternoon, starting at 3:30 p.m. in the Large Conference Room, 2nd Floor of City Hall
Term of Office: 1-year