You are eligible to register to vote in California if you are:
- 18 years of age or older by election day
- Not in prison or on parole for conviction of a felony, or not insane or have been held incompetent to stand trial
- A resident of California
- A U.S. citizen
California Online Voter Registration (California Secretary of State)
Drop Box and Voter Service Center Locations
Every Registered Voter will receive a ballot in the mail.
Vote by Mail Ballots can be returned in multiple ways:
- Mailed via United States Postal Service
- Delivered to a secure VBM Ballot Drop Boxes
- Delivered to a Voter Service Center
Drop Box and Voter Service Center Locations (PDF document from SLO County website)
For additional information, including Frequently Asked Questions regarding the Election, please visit the SLO County Clerk Recorder's General Election webpage.
There is no need to apply for Vote-By-Mail Ballot
Returning a Vote-by-Mail Ballot
In order for a ballot to be counted it must be:
The voter may authorize another individual to return their voted ballot. This authorization is located on the vote-by-mail ballot envelope.
Read more information about Vote-by-Mail.
San Luis Obispo Office:
County of San Luis Obispo
1055 Monterey Street
San Luis Obispo, CA 93408
Email San Luis Obispo Elections