Street Closure Permits


Closing streets, alleys or parking spaces (even partially) requires a Street Closure Permit.

Timing, Submittal & Review

Closure request forms must be completed and filed with Public Works at least 2 to 4 weeks before an event to allow time for review by City departments:

  • Permit requests for events in business districts must be submitted at least 4 weeks before the event.
  • Permit requests for events in residential areas must be submitted at least 2 weeks before the event.

The following items must be submitted for all closures:

  1. Street Closure Request Form
    Submit the Street Closure Request Form (PDF), with all attachments, to Public Works Administration, located at City Hall - 2nd Floor, 1000 Spring Street, Paso Robles. Incomplete forms will be returned to the applicant for completion.

    Note: the Street Closure Request Form is set up to allow data entry using Adobe Acrobat. Once completed, print out a hard copy and submit with attachments to the City for approval. Or simply print a blank form and enter information by hand.
  2. Map showing the closed area
  3. Block Acknowledgement Form
    At least 75% of households or businesses affected by the proposed closure must sign an acknowledgement that they were informed of the closure. The signed acknowledgements must be attached to the Request form. Please use the form that is appropriate for your event:

Approved Permits

After requests are submitted to the City, they are reviewed by Public Works, Emergency Services, and the Police Department.

Approval Process

Public Works Administration will notify applicants when their permit has been approved or if further information is needed. A copy of the approved permit will be sent to the applicant to hold in their possession during the event. Inquiries about the status of your request may be directed to Public Works Administration, 805-237-3861, or

Additional Requirements for Event Street Closures

*Some of the following activities may apply to your event and necessitate additional permits or fees. Check the information below and submit any additional forms or fees that apply. (This information and list of contacts is also on the reverse side of the Street Closure Request form.)

  1. Fees & Deposits
  2. Alcoholic Beverages
  3. Live Bands
  4. Emergency Vehicle Clearance
  5. Facilities Use
  6. Parade
  7. Parking

There is no fee for a Street Closure Permit, but if you need to use City barricades a $50 refundable deposit is required. Include a $50 check with your request. Your deposit will be returned once the barricades have been returned undamaged to the City. You will be responsible for pick up and return of the barricades. Note: final determination on the need for barricades will be made by Public Works.

Contact Phone Numbers

  • Emergency Services: 805-227-7560
  • Planning Division: 805-237-3970
  • Public Works Events Manager: 805-227-7539
  • Public Works Streets Division: 805-237-3864
  • Recreation Department Facilities Coordinator: 805-237-3991Public Works Administration: 805-237-3861