Signals, Lights & Signs

Street Lights

Most street lights in the City are owned and operated by PG&E. Report a dark, non-operating street light directly to PG&E, or call PG&E Customer Service at 800-743-5000. You will need to provide the following information:

  • Pole/Light Number(s) located seven feet from bottom of the pole
  • Location of the Street Light(s) - e.g. address or "2nd pole from NE corner of 7th St. and Main St."

You may also contact Paso Robles Public Works at 805-237-3861.

New Street Lights

New street lights are typically required in all new residential and commercial developments. New street lights are installed, owned and operated by PG&E. Any type of street, proposed from catalogs approved by PG&E, may be submitted for approval as part of the development review process.

Traffic Signals

To report a malfunctioning traffic signal, please call 805-237-3861 during business hours, or the Police Department at 805-237-6464 after hours.


Traffic signals are maintained by a qualified contractor with appropriate technical expertise, under contract to the City Public Works Department. The contract is issued on three-year intervals.

Report an Issue

To report an issue with a traffic signal, complete the online form. Your information will be sent to the Public Works Department.

Circulation Element of the General Plan

Traffic signals are installed consistent with the Circulation Element of the General Plan and are supported by a study of warrants as described in the Caltrans Manual of Uniform Traffic Control Devices.

Traffic Signs

To report damage, graffiti or missing street signs, please call 805-237-3861 during regular business hours.

New Signs

To request a new sign, please email David Athey or write the City Engineer at:
1000 Spring Street
Paso Robles, CA 93446