Short-Term Rental Task Force
The Paso Robles City Council has requested that the citizens’ task force created in 2016 reconvene and continue to examine the issue of short-term rentals (also referred to as “vacation rentals”). As some of the original members are no longer available, we are calling for additional applications. The task force will consist of 5-7 members, represent all sides of the of short-term rentals issue, and will be responsible for refining the original set of recommendations for Council consideration, based on subsequent events.
If you would be interested in serving, please complete this brief form and return to Kristy Buxkemper, Deputy City Clerk, by Wednesday, January 16, at: email@example.com; fax (805) 237-3904; mail: 1000 Spring Street/ Paso Robles, CA 93446.
Short-Term Rental Task Force (STRTF) has completed its assignment and no additional meetings are scheduled. The City Manager would like to thank all of the Task Force members and the public for their hard work and participation in the process.
Task Force Agendas
2016-17 Task Force Members
- Kathy Bonelli
- Bill Haas
- Stacie Jacob
- Dan Jones
- Meridith Maas
- Mark McConnell
- Jill Ogorsolka
The Paso Robles City Council has requested options for managing Short-Term Rentals (also referred to as "vacation rentals") within the City.
As part of this process, the Paso Robles City Council authorized the City Manager to appoint a citizens' Short-Term Rental Task Force to examine the issue of short-term rentals. The Task Force consisted of seven (7) members, representing all sides of the of Short-Term Rental issue and was responsible for developing a comprehensive recommendation for Council consideration.
- 2016 Short Term Rental Definitions (PDF)
- April 18, 2016 Skift Report - Airbnb Proposed Agreements with Cities Article (PDF)
- April 2, 2014 -Palm Springs Short Term Rental Ordinance (PDF)
- August 1, 2015 - Western Cities Sharing Economy Article (PDF)
- February 24, 2015 - San Luis County Short Term Rental Guide (PDF)
- January 1, 2013 Skift Report - What the Sharing Economy Means to the Future of Travel (PDF)
- January 12, 2016 -Fast Company, Can Airbnb Unite The World Article (PDF)
- January 12, 2016 San Luis Obispo County Ordinance Public Review Draft (PDF)
- January 2015 - San Luis Obispo Grand Jury Report (PDF)
- March 18, 2015 - Legislative Analysts Office - Sharing Economy Rentals (PDF)
- May 18, 2016 Task Force Brainstorming (PDF)
- May 4, 2016 - Short Term Rental Task Force Meeting Powerpoint (PDF)
- Palm Springs Good Neighbor Brochure (PDF)
- Palm Springs Vacation Rentals Government Webpage (PDF)
- Paso Robles Vacation Rentals Existing MuniCode Provisions (PDF)
- September 19, 2017 - Short Term Rental Task Force Ordinance Draft (PDF)
- September-7-2016-Short-Term-Rental-Task-Force-Minutes (PDF)
- Short Term Rental Task Force Ordinance Recommendations Edits (PDF)
- Short Term Rental WebLinks (PDF)
- Transient Occupancy Tax Payment Form (PDF)