The Paso Robles Youth Commission was established in 1999 as an advisory body to the City Council. Members are selected through an application process and are the communication liaison between the city’s youth community and the City Council. Youth Commissioners learn about, suggest, and review policies, programs, and services related to youth issues and assist with community special events and services. After a two and a half year pause for COVID-19, the Commission has been reactivated and its bylaws updated to require a 9-member advisory body with broader representation. Members shall now include residents in the 93446-zip code between the ages of 14 and 21.
The Paso Robles Youth Commission is a youth-led organization that seeks to provide opportunities and representation for youth through collaboration with local government in order to enrich the lives of the youth in our community.
- Learn how advisory bodies work with local governments
- Give the youth community a voice in city matters
- Meet professionals and leaders involved in our community
- Socialize and network with other student leaders
- Hours you volunteer, attend meetings and help with events count toward fulfilling community service hours
Learn about, suggest, and review policies, programs, and services related to youth issues. Assist with community special events, including the:
- Martin Luther King, Jr. Celebration
- Concerts in the Park
- Recreation Services Community Events
- Fourth of July Celebration
Recruitment for the Youth Commission is typically done in the spring, but in an effort to re-launch after being paused for nearly three years due to the pandemic, the recruitment period for fiscal year 2023-2024 has already passed.
Please call Lynda Plescia, Recreation Services Manager at (805) 237-3987 for more information.
- 1st Wednesday of each month
- All meetings are in person
- Centennial Park White Oak Room
600 Nickerson Drive
Paso Robles, CA 93446
Agendas & Minutes
Agendas are available prior to the meetings. Minutes are available following approval.
Click here to find the newly updated Bylaws For The Paso Robles Youth Commission.
Membership roster will be updated soon.
Term of Office
- 2-year staggered term
- 9 members
- Lynda Plescia, Recreation Services Manager