Until further notice, the Library will not be able to fulfill ZIP Books or Interlibrary Loan requests.
About ZIP Books
ZIP Books is a way to request books that are not available in the Black Gold Catalog. The item is ordered and shipped to you directly from Amazon Prime. This service is available to anyone with a valid Paso Robles City Library card. (Paso Robles library cards are 14 digits beginning with 22138 . . . .) You may request up to three (3) items per month. There are no fees for this service.
ZIP Books Requests Are:
- Hardcovers, Paperbacks, Large Print Editions and CD Audiobooks
- Books that are not currently in the Black Gold Catalog
- Books that are not currently on the New York Best Sellers List
- Books in the Paso Robles City Library but not in the desired format (e.g. Large Print, Audiobooks)
- Textbooks, Study Guides and Test Preparation materials will be considered based on their suitability for the Paso Robles City Library’s collection
- Available on Amazon for less than $50 and $75 for foreign language and CD Audiobooks
Requesting a ZIP Books
Step 1. Fill out the ZIP Books Request Form.
Step 2. Within one week, a Library Staff member will confirm that your request has been processed. Most orders arrive within three days from the confirmation email. This item will be checked out to your account. If your ZIP Books request is not approved, you will be notified.
Step 3. You will receive a package from Amazon Prime along with a packing slip identifying the item as a ZIP Books. Please retain this slip and return it with the item. The due date is indicated in your confirmation email.
Returning a ZIP Books
Return the item to a Staff Member at the Paso Robles City Library during open hours and identify the item as a ZIP Books item. (Please do not return the item to a book drop.)
All ZIP Books are on loan for a three-week period (21 days) starting on the day it is delivered. ZIP Books are not automatically renewed; however, you can renew by phone or in person by calling the Paso Robles City Library. Unreturned items will be considered lost and replacement fees will be charged to your account.
ZIP Books is a grant project provided in partnership with the California State Library and the NorthNet Library System. It is supported by California Services Act Funds.
To request a title that does not qualify for the ZIP Books program and is not in the Black Gold Library catalog, visit our Interlibrary Loan page.