PASO ROBLES, CA –February 8, 2023 The Paso Robles City Library is pleased to host City planning staff on Wednesday, March 8, 5:30-6:30 pm in the Library Conference Room as they present information about the city’s local Accessory Dwelling Unit (ADU) ordinance and standards of operation adopted last December. Topics to be covered include:
• What is an ADU?
• Where in the city are ADUs allowed?
• What are the development standards for an ADU (floor area, height, setbacks, etc.)?
• Can part of a residence or a detached building be converted into an ADU?
• Can tiny houses or recreational vehicles be used as an ADU?
• What is the process and cost to permit and construct an ADU?
The State of California has identified ADUs, sometimes referred to as mother-in-law units, second units, granny flats, and rear yard dwellings, as a significant way to help address the statewide housing crisis. ADUs are a relatively affordable way to add extra housing for family members and can serve as a source of rental income. Attend this special program and learn about this new opportunity. Registration is required for each attendant. For ages 16+.