Where can I park a motor home on my single-family residential property?

A motor home or boat or other recreational vehicle must be parked on private property, and both parking and access must be paved. If your driveway is deep enough for the vehicle to fit without hanging over into the sidewalk, you may park it in the driveway. If you have adequate access on either side of your lot, you may pave a parking space on the side or rear of the residence and driveway access to it, with certain limitations as to the amount of front yard that may be paved. 

Contact Planning Division staff at 805-237-3970 or check Section 21.16E.320 of the Municipal Code for more information.

Show All Answers

1. When is a permit required?
2. When do I have to apply for a sign permit?
3. When do I need to apply for a building permit?
4. Can I build a shed in my back yard or add on to my house?
5. How big can a detached accessory building be?
6. Where can I find off-street parking requirements?
7. Where can I find traffic counts for the City of Paso Robles?
8. What does PD mean?
9. Where can I find water and sewer information for a specific piece of property?
10. How do I find out what can be built or what types of uses would be permitted on a certain piece of property?
11. How do I find out the zoning on a parcel?
12. What are the height requirements for fencing?
13. How do I determine where my property line is?
14. How do I determine what my setbacks are?
15. When is the installation of offsite (curb, gutter, sidewalk) improvements required?
16. Do I need a permit to build a patio cover or to enclose my patio?
17. How do I determine what my setbacks are for a swimming pool?
18. Where can I park a motor home on my single-family residential property?
19. How can I find out about a pending project I have heard about?
20. May a nonconforming use be re-established in the event of fire or other natural disaster?
21. When do I need a business license / home occupation permit?