Welcome to the Niblick Road Project Web page
The City of Paso Robles is pleased to announce the start of a community-based planning effort for Niblick Road. A “Complete and Sustainable Streets Corridor Plan” will be developed through a robust public process that engages residents, property owners, school parents and children, businesses and others to explore ways to improve safety, access, and mobility for all types of travel (walking, bicycling, driving and riding the bus) and for people of all ages and abilities.
The focus is Niblick Road between South River Road and Fontana Road. The project is made possible with funding from a Caltrans Sustainable Transportation Planning Grant. A consultant team has been selected to work closely with community members and the City to develop the plan.
The resulting plan will include designs and strategies to:
• Improve traffic circulation for motorists, transit, and businesses.
• Coordinate circulation and access with existing and future land uses and projects.
• Make Niblick Road safer and easier for school children and adults to walk and ride a bike.
• Better handle stormwater and Improve the corridor with streetscape enhancements.
What’s Happening So Far
• Our technical consultant team, led by W-Trans and the Local Government Commission, is busy collecting and reviewing traffic and safety data, existing plans and current planning efforts, and documenting conditions throughout the corridor.
• Share your ideas: Niblick Road Plan Community Engagement Week, November 4-7, 2019. Closing Presentation from workshop week here.
For more information:
City of Paso Robles
Department of Community Development